Although SCI archives keep a rich documentation about SCI and its activities in different fields over several decades it is still unknown to historians and other scientists. In addition lots of aspects in SCI are not investigated at all and even concise history of SCI is missing since thirty years.
Students, researcher and journalists are therefore invited to make use of SCI archives.
- Research Conditions in SCI Archives
- Extensive archives, more than 60 meters
- Online Archives Catalogue
- Documents can be consulted in the reading room
- Library opening times : Mo 14-19, Tue-Fr 10-19, Sa 10-16
- Affordable accomodation close to the library
- Research support
- Proposal No.1 ‘Deeds no word’
- Proposal No.2 ‘Development education’
- Proposal No.3 ‘SCI and Civil Society’
Other possible research fields
- Conscientious Objecting: Models for Alternative Service in Switzerland.
- East/West Exchange: Cooperation with East European youth organisation during the cold war.
- Reconciliation: The method of SCI to create peace
- Motivation of volunteers: The role of SCI services in the civil society.